This woven conductive ribbon is great for powering lots of LEDs in a wearable project. It's thin, strong, smooth, and made completely of 316L stainless steel. It plays nice with Adafruit's stainless conductive thread and is very flexible, just like textile ribbon.
The easiest way to attach this ribbon is to either slip it through a casing, or better yet, zig-zag stitch over it to tack it down. Because it is strong and flexible, its ideal for any wearable/e-textile project. It also has very low resistivity compared to thread, only 2.6 ohms per foot so you can use it to drive many LEDs and other electronic components that use half an Amp or less.
Because it is made of stainless steel fibers, it will not oxidize like silver does: your projects will not 'stop working' because of oxidation after a few months and its safe to wash.
Comes in a precut one meter length. We also have a version of this ribbon that is 17mm wide.
Stainless Steel Conductive Ribbon - 5mm wide 1 meter long (13:15)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.