This pack contains all the Adafruit parts required to try out Adafruit's latest tutorial, the sous-vide powered by Arduino - a.k.a. the SousViduino! It doesn't contain a rice cooker, you'll need to pick that up as well, check the tutorial for suggestions on what to look for in a cooker.
This kit pack comes with:
- Arduino UNO R3
- Positive RGB LCD Shield for Arduino kit
- Proto-Screwshield for making easy connections to the Arduino pins
- Food safe heat shrink for the temperature sensor
- Power-switch tail: a safer way of controlling ~120VAC appliances from a microcontroller
- High-temperature waterproof DS18B20 sensor
- Servo extension cable to allow easy connection & disconnection of the sensor
- 2 pin JST plug and socket for making a connection to the PST
Some soldering is required to assemble the RGB LCD Shield and the Screwshield. You'll need a soldering iron, some solder and diagonal cutters. This project will take a few hours to complete, it's a great weekend project and testing it is delicious! Please be sure to read Adafruit's full tutorial before purchasing so you can see what it takes to build this project - we suggest this is for people who have some experience with Arduino programming and soldering.
Please note: Cooking with sous-vide is an advanced technique that uses low temperatures to cook food. Doing so can introduce food-safety issues if not performed correctly. Douglas Baldwin has an excellent guide to temperatures/times requirements for meats, eggs, and seafood. Please read his guide and use care when cooking sous-vide!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.