This is 12 meters of smooth conductive thread spun from stainless steel fiber and wound on a plastic bobbin. Use it to sew up all of your e-textile projects. This small bobbin is a great way to get into wearable electronics without the upfront cost of buying an entire spool of thread. Close to 40 feet of thread is enough to get a simple design stitched onto your shirt, backpack or hat.
What sets this thread apart from the other conductive thread that we carry is the fact that it’s actually spun from 12UM stainless steel fiber making it incredibly smooth and without the loose hairs seen on other bobbins. This means that while it may not be easy to solder to, because it’s stainless, it also won’t burn up when you touch it with a soldering iron. Suitable for hand or machine sewing (as a bobbin thread). We’ve had no trouble using it for close, tight connections, but if you’re worried, waxing the thread should keep it manageable!
- Material : 12UM Stainless steel fiber
- Gram Weight:0.2458g/m
- Resistance (Ω/m) : 27
- 12m per spool (on plastic spools)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.