With a slip ring assembly, your electronics can now twist and turn safely. Add wheel encoders, 360 degree sensors, rotating LEDs, rotors and more! We've seen a lot of people DIY slip ring's out of desperation but no longer, simply pick up one of these to solve any rotation needs you have.
Inside the plastic tube is a gold plated slip ring for 12 wires. There are 12 color coded wire sets made of 28 AWG and no matter how you twist the assembly, they will remain in continuity. Each of the wire sets can carry up to 2A at up to 240VAC or 240VDC. There's a 44mm (1.7") diameter flange with mounting holes to make it easy to attach or you can cut it off with a hacksaw and drill/machine as you wish it seems to just be ABS plastic. Rated to rotate up to 300 RPM (but you can probably go faster if you don't mind a reduced life and/or noise).
Here's a video of Adafruit's six-connector slip ring, to show how it works inside:
12-wire slip rings (3:42)
- Rated voltage: 240VAC/240VDC
- Rated current: 2 Amp
- 12 x 6" long 28 AWG wires
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.