The A3213 and A3214 integrated circuits are ultra-sensitive, pole independent Hall-effect switches with a latched digital output. They are especially suited for operation in battery-operated, hand-held equipment such as cellular and cordless telephones, pagers, and palmtop computers. A 2.4 to 5.5 V operation and a unique clocking scheme reduce the average operating power requirements – the A3213 to 825 µW, the A3214 to 14 µW (typical, at 2.75 V). Except for operating duty cycle and average operating current, the A3213 and A3214 are identical.
Unlike other Hall-effect switches, either a north or south pole of sufficient strength will turn the output on; in the absence of a magnetic field, the output is off. The polarity independence and minimal power requirement allows these devices to easily replace reed switches for superior reliability and ease of manufacturing, while eliminating the requirement for signal conditioning.
- Micropower operation
- Operate with north or south pole
- 2.4 to 5.5 V battery operation
- Chopper stabilized
- Superior temperature stability
- Extremely low switch-point drift
- Insensitive to physical stress
- High ESD protection
- Solid-state reliability
- Small size
- Easily manufacturable with magnet pole independence
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.