The Cloud from Seeeduino is a microcontroller based around the Dragino WiFi IoT module HE and the classic ATmega32u4. This board is Arduino compatible with built-in ethernet and WiFi support. There's also a USB-A port that makes it good for designing prototypes that need network connection. You can use this as a compatible board the now-discontinued Arduino Yun.
The HE - which means "core" in Chinese - is a minimal system that's compatible with 802.11 b/g/n. The chip has a rich interface such as Ethernet, USB, UART, and lots of GPIO pins.
A Linux machine is embedded directly on the PCB of the Arduino Leonardo. They are connected so that from the Arduino side it's very easy to run commands on the Linux side and use it as an Ethernet and Wifi interface.
Historically, interfacing Arduino with complex web services has been quite a challenge due to the limited memory available. Web services tend to use verbose text based formats like XML that require quite a lot or ram to parse. On the Cloud, you can use the Yun Bridge library which delegates all network connections and processing of HTTP transactions to the Linux machine.
The board can be programmed with an USB cable to the Arduino IDE or through the Wifi connection without the need to physically access the board. The new Arduino 1.5.4 IDE has the ability to detect the Cloud connected to the local network.
Input Voltage (recommended)5V via microUSB
Input Voltage (limits)6-20V
Digital I/O Pins14
Analog Input Channels6 (plus 6 multiplexed on 6 digital pins)
DC Current per I/O Pin40 mA
DC Current for 3.3V Pin50 mA
Flash Memory32 KB (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader
SRAM2.5 KB (ATmega32u4)
EEPROM1 KB (ATmega32u4)
Clock Speed16 MHz
- Compatible with Arduino Yun
- Based on Dragino WiFi IoT module HE
- Open Source OpenWrt system inside
- Support 2.4Ghz WiFi, 802.11 b/g/n
- Support Ethernet
- Support USB 2.0
- Size: 75.10mm x 53.39mm x 11.50mm / 2.95" x 2.10 x 0.45"
- Working temperature: -20~60°C
- Surface colors: Red
- Seeed Wiki
- Chip datasheet
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.