This Module has another name: Gert-VGA-adapter, or Passive VGA adapter 666 for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B/Zero
The Raspberry Pi has an HDMI port to connect a display.
If your monitor only has VGA, you have to use an adapter.
Because this requires a digital-to-analogue conversion, those adapters can be quite pricey, and they can draw lots of power.
As well as just allowing you to connect a VGA monitor natively.
And unlike composite video, the DPI interface can be run independent of the HDMI.
The software for dual screens is still under development.
Running two screens at maximum resolution will depend on the speed of GPIO.
This wasn’t possible on the Model A or B.
And there’s a catch: as the board uses most of your GPIO pins, you lose access to them.
Support for Raspberry Pi A+, Raspberry Pi B+, Raspberry Pi Zero, Raspberry Pi 2,model B, Raspberry Pi 3 model B
The VGA output supports resolution:from 800x600 up to 30fps.
With 6 bits per channel you have a maximum of 262144 colours.
Easy to setup.
Easy to configure.
Dimension: 64.00mm x 32.24mm
Weight: 16.48 g
1 x VGA666 module
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.