This conductive material (also known as "Velostat" or "Linqstat") is a nice addition for your wearable/sensor hacking toolkit. It's pressure-sensitive: squeezing it will reduce the resistance, so it's handy for making flexible sensors. And it's a lot less expensive than off-the-shelf pressure or bend sensors too! Each order comes with a 11"x11" (28cm x 28cm) 4mil (0.1mm) thick piece. Adafruit may fold the sheet into quarters to ship it to you. To remove any hard creases, simply lay flat on a table and put a heavy book on top to flatten it out.
This presentation from Hannah Perner-Wilson (plusea) has a lot of great ideas for how to use this material.
Pressure-Sensitive Conductive Sheet (Velostat/Linqstat) (7:44)
- Dimensions: 11" x 11" (280mm x 280mm)
- 4 mil / 0.1mm thick
- Weight: 18.66g
- Temperature Limits : -45°C to 65°C (-50°F to 150°F)
- Heat Sealable : Yes
- Volume Resistivity : <500 ohm-cm
- Surface Resistivity : < 31,000 ohms/sq.cm
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Getting Hands-on with Sensors
What good is a robot if it can’t interact with the environment around it? Sensors are the backbone of almost every electronics project as they allow your program to make decisions based on external stimuli. We’ve got sensors for all kinds...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.