This set is intended for those looking to create a differential-drive robot with dual quadrature encoders. Just add two micro metal gearmotors of your choosing (sold separately), a mounting platform such as a RRC04A 5" robot chassis, and a robot controller such as an Orangutan SVP-324 (which features inputs for two quadrature encoders) to create a robot capable of closed-loop speed and position control.
This set consists of:
- A pair of Pololu wheel 42×19mm
- A pair of Pololu micro metal gearmotor bracket extended
- Two encoders for Pololu wheel 42×19mm
- Four #2 mounting screws and nuts
Note: This set is designed to work with Pololu's 5:1 to 298:1 micro metal gearmotors. Motors are not included and must be purchased separately. This encoder with the 1000:1 gear ratio version of Pololu's micro metal gearmotors due to the longer gearbox.
This encoder will only work with the Pololu 42×19mm wheel. If you are looking for a higher-resolution quadrature encoder that works with micro metal gearmotors and arbitrary wheels, consider the magnetic encoder pair kit for micro metal gearmotors. We also have versions of Pololu's larger 25D mm and 37D mm metal gearmotors with integrated quadrature encoders.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.