Bend all audio files to your will with the Adafruit Music Maker FeatherWing + Amplifier! It's a fun-size version of Adafruit's Music Maker shield for Arduino, and similar to Adafruit's other Music Maker FeatherWing, but this one is even better - with an on-board 3 Watt amplifier! This powerful wing features the VS1053, an encoding/decoding (codec) chip that can decode a wide variety of audio formats such as MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, MIDI, FLAC, WAV (PCM and ADPCM). You can do all sorts of stuff with the audio as well such as adjusting bass, treble, and volume digitally.
All this functionality is implemented in a light-weight SPI interface so that any Feather Board can play audio from an SD card. There's also a special MIDI mode that you can boot the chip into that will read 'classic' 31250Kbaud MIDI data from the UART TX pin and act like a synth/drum machine - there are dozens of built-in drum and sample effects!
What a great musical add-on to your Feather! That's why Adafruit spun up this super FeatherWing, perfect for use with a any of Adafruit's Feather Boards!
Here are some specs:
- Features the VS1053B codec chip - decodes Ogg Vorbis, MP3/MP2/MP1, MP4, AAC, WMA, FLAC, WAV/PCM, MIDI
- Stereo audio out to any 4ohm speakers (3W max) or 8 ohm speakers (1W max), class D output
- MicroSD card socket, for any FAT16/FAT32 formatted SD card from 64MB or greater
- Built in MIDI synth/drum machine with dozens of instruments
Each order comes with one tested FeatherWing, two 2-pin 3.5mm terminal blocks, and two sticks of 0.1" male headers to plug it into your Feather. Some light soldering is required to attach the through-hole headers and terminal blocks to the PCB for plugging into your Feather Board and speakers.
Once you've soldered the terminal blocks in you can connect any speaker you like, such as our 4Ω 3W or 8Ω 1W. Hey you can even use a surface transducer! Don't forget to make sure you have a good strong 5V power supply - especially if you're using the 3W 4 ohm speakers! Adafruit's 2.4A power plug is recommended.
Speakers, SD card and Feather Board not included!
Product Dimensions: 51.0mm x 23.0mm x 3.6mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.1"
Product Weight: 4.8g / 0.2oz
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.