Unleash your inner Mad Max and make your vehicle dreams a reality with the Mini Robot Rover Kit.
This kit gives you everything you need to build the shell of a 2-wheel-drive Robot Rover! You get the chassis, 4-6 VDC motors and wheels. You'll fill in the rest with power supply, microcontroller or microcomputer and a dual H-bridge motor controller.
Adafruit of course have suggestions to run the motors like Adafruit's TB6612 breakout, Motor FeatherWing, Motor Shield for Arduino, or Motor HAT for Raspberry Pi. Basically anything that can do two bi-directional brushed DC motors at ~5V and 1A. To steer the wheels, you'll need something to toggle the motor driver like Adafruit's Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE that Adafruit used in Adafruit's demo, and to power the rover/microcontroller Adafruit used a AA Battery Pack and a 3.7v 350mAh LiPoly Battery, but this is all up to you and your imagination!
- 2x Wheels
- 2x DC Motors in MicroServo shape
- 1x Support Wheel
- 1x Metal Chasis
- 1x Top Metal Plate with mounting hardware
Adafruit have a comprehensive tutorial on building a Feather Bluefruit LE version of the Robot Rover. It's one of infinite possible designs, but gives you a sense of the possibilities for remote-control robotics.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.