This is a blank 13.56MHz RFID/NFC keychain fob - often used for keys but also an easy way to tag something. The tag contains a small RFID chip and an antenna, and is passively powered by the reader/writer when placed a couple inches away.
These can be read by almost any 13.56MHz RFID/NFC reader but make sure it can handle ISO/IEC 14443 Type A cards as there are a few other encoding standards (like FeLica) They are tested and work great with both our PN532 NFC/RFID breakout board and Adafruit NFC/RFID Shield for Arduino!
These chips can be written to & store up to 1 KB of data in writable EEPROM divided into banks, and can handle over 100,000 re-writes. You can use our PN532 NFC/RFID breakout board or Adafruit NFC/RFID Shield for Arduino to read and write data to the EEPROM inside the tag. There is also a permanent 4-byte ID burned into the chip that you can use to identify one tag from another - the ID number cannot be changed.
These use a ISO/IEC 14443 Type A chipset, which used to be the 'classic' NFC chipset. In ~2014, the NFC forum decided not to support this chipset anymore, so newer phones do not support it. This only matters if you're trying to use this tag with a phone/tablet.
RFID chip specification:
- 1 KiloByte (8 KiloBit) non-volatile EEPROM storage
- Built in encryption engine with 48-bit key
- 4 Byte unique identifier burned into the chip
- 13.56 MHz frequency
- 30mm x 25mm x 6mm / 1.2" x 1" x 0.2"
- Weight: 4.3g
- Works about 2" away from reader
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.