This here is your standard A to micro-B USB cable, for USB 1.1 or 2.0. Perfect for connecting any development board, microcontroller, mobile phone, or other device to your computer or charger.
"Standard?" you might say... nothing gets past the astute eye of an Adafruit customer! Why yes, that is an LCD display embedded in the cable!
This is basically like a USB cable mixed with a Charger Doctor. Plug it into a USB port and it will let you know the voltage on the USB power pins. Once a device is plugged in, it will display the current draw in milliamps. You can use it for up to 2A of current.
You can use this to monitor your project or as a current meter. Adafruit thought they could be neat to use for monitoring current when powering your Raspberry Pi and other micro B USB devices. The only down side is that once the device starts charging, the display will not show the voltage anymore, just the current draw.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.