The micro:bit already contains a bunch of great sensors, but if you want to unleash the full potential of your micro:bit, then Kitroniks Inventor's Kit is for you. It contains a fantastic selection of components, curated to provide the most rewarding learning experience.
No electronics experience is required as the Kitronics project book walks you through using motors, switches, potentiometers, LEDs, and more! Everything is made accessible via the edge connector which breaks out the micro:bit pins into a breadboard friendly format, ready for making.
**BBC micro:bit is NOT included**
No soldering is required and you can build your first circuit in minutes!
- No soldering required - build your first circuit in minutes!
- Make 10 experiments included in the provided step-by-step tutorial book.
- All parts are included to conduct the 10 experiments (listed below).
- Breaks out 21 accessible pins from the BBC micro:bit using the Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit (included)
- Small Prototype Breadboard included for fast prototyping.
What's in the Box:
- 1 x Perspex Mounting Plate.
- 1 x Potentiometer & Finger Adjust Spindle.
- 2 x Plastic Spacer 10mm.
- 1 x Sticky Fixer for Battery Pack.
- 1 x Small Prototype Breadboard.
- 1 x Terminal Connector.
- 4 x Push Switch.
- 1 x Motor.
- 1 x Transistor.
- 2 x Red 5mm LED.
- 2 x Orange 5mm LED.
- 2 x Yellow 5mm LED.
- 2 x Green 5mm LED.
- 1 x RGB 5mm LED.
- 1 x Fan Blade.
- 5 x 2.2KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x 10KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x 47Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Miniature LDR.
- 10 x Male to Male Jumper Wires.
- 10 x Male to Female Jumper Wires.
- 4 x Self-adhesive Rubber Feet.
- 1 x 470uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 x Piezo Element Buzzer.
- 4 x Pan Head M3 Machine Screw.
We recommend buying the micro:bit GO by BBC as it comes with the required power pack and micro USB cable, then all you need is a Phillips Screwdriver / Terminal Block Screwdriver.
List of Required Parts not Included
- 1 x BBC micro:bit
- 1 x Phillips Screwdriver.
- 1 x Terminal Block Screwdriver.
- 1 x Micro USB Cable.
- 1 x Power pack for the micro:bit
- Say Hello to the BBC micro:bit
- Using an LDR and analog inputs
- Dimming an LED using a potentiometer
- Using a transistor to drive a motor
- Using the accelerometer to control motor speed
- Setting the tone with a piezo buzzer
- Wind Power
- Making a game using the compass
- Capacitor charge circuit
- Using an RGB LED
- Making a pedestrian crossing
- Making a random dice
- Parent's Complete Gudie To The BBC micro:bit
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Data Logging with the Micro:bit and OpenLog
The Micro:bit by BBC is a great data collection tool, it just needs a little help remembering what it has measured! This tutorial is made for those Micro:bit projects where transmitting your sensor data over radio or Bluetooth to a computer just won&...
- Natural Disaster Sensor Project for Micro:bit
The Micro:bit is a feature-packed development board that’s perfect for the classroom or the beginner programmer. Each Micro:bit has a built-in radio that can transmit and receive signals sent from other Micro:bits. The radio has a range of up t...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- micro:bit in the classroom
Check out our Getting started with micro:bit video if you'd like to see a quick tutorial on writing a program, start-to-finish, with a micro:bit. In a Nutshell The micro:bit is a versatile and classroom-friendly, programmable electronics b...
- Getting Started with micro:bit
Check out our micro:bit in the classroom video if you'd like to see how micro:bit integrates into classrooms, years 7-12. After a quick review of the hardware, we'll fire up a micro:bit and write our first program. All you'll need for this tu...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.