This kit is an addon pack for the BBC micro:bit, if you need one we recommend the micro:bit GO kit (it comes with the compatible USB cable and battery pack).
This kit from MonkMakes contains a wide range of gear that you need to connect sensors, relays and speakers to a micro:bit board! In addition, this pack contains a comprehensive guide written by Simon Monk (author of 20+ books on making, such as Programming your Raspberry Pi, The Electronics Cookbook and more). What's in the book? Simon guides you through the micro:bit from the ground up, introducing the board, alligator clips/cables, how to use a micro:bit and then steps you through the 7 contained projects. The real magic here is that these projects are demonstrations of what the board is capable of, and once completed, will add into to your maker kit of things you can do with the micro:bit!
All the modules in the kit are connected to your micro:bit using the included alligator clips, so you won't need anything else.
This kit suitable for children as young as 10 with some adult help.
- Learn how to use a micro:bit (powering it up, connecting modules, coding it, and more)
- Step by step guidance on a series of projects that demonstrate the power of the micro:bit in a simple, effective way
- Use the internal accelerometer of the micro:bit to react to physical events
- React to sensor input and play sounds
- Measure sound, temperature and light using your micro:bit
This Kit Includes
- MonkMakes Speaker for micro:bit
- MonkMakes Relay for micro:bit
- MonkMakes Sensor Board for micro:bit
- Set of alligator clip leads (10 leads)
- Small motor with fan
- Single AA battery box (battery not included)
- Light bulb and holder
- 30 page instruction book
The instruction book leads you through getting started with your micro:bit and then building the following projects: Movement Alarm, Lighthouse, Shout-o-meter, Thermometer, Fan speed Controller, Automatic Fan and a Theramin-like ‘Magic’ Musical Instrument.
Code is provided both for the Blocks editor and MicroPython.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- micro:bit in the classroom
Check out our Getting started with micro:bit video if you'd like to see a quick tutorial on writing a program, start-to-finish, with a micro:bit. In a Nutshell The micro:bit is a versatile and classroom-friendly, programmable electronics b...
- Getting Started with micro:bit
Check out our micro:bit in the classroom video if you'd like to see how micro:bit integrates into classrooms, years 7-12. After a quick review of the hardware, we'll fire up a micro:bit and write our first program. All you'll need for this tu...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.