This little 2x5 (10 pin - 0.1 spaced) IDC Breadboard Helper is great in conjunction with any of our 10-pin IDC cables. It comes in two parts, a 'pin-through' socket and a male header. The socket straddles the center of a breadboard or Perma-Proto and then header plugs into the top of the socket. Since IDC cables are so standard, but a royal pain to use with breadboards, this is a good and cheap hack for prototyping. Works best when soldered in place. Adafruit have used these to prototype on a solderless breadboard but some customers report their breadboards don't play nice with the shorter pins so your mileage may vary
Each order comes with one socket and one header. Breadboard, Perma Proto and IDC cable not included!
We also have helpers for:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.