Polyimide Tape (sometimes referred to by the brand name Kapton Tape) is an interesting addition to your toolbox! Polyimide Tape remains stable across a wide range of temperatures from about −269°C to +400°C. Along with aircrafts, spacecrafts, and x-rays, polyimide tape is also used in electronic manufacturing and 3D printing.
Due to its large range of temperature stability, and its electrical isolation ability, polyimide tape is usually used in electronic manufacturing as an insulation and protection layer on electrostatic sensitive and fragile components. As it can sustain the temperature needed for a reflow soldering operation, its protection is available throughout the whole production process, and polyimide is often still present in final consumer products. Adafruit use it in Adafruit production all the time when there's a chance a soldering iron might get close since the tape won't melt
Comes in a roll 33 meters long, and is 1cm / 0.4" wide with adhesive on one side.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.