The PiLeven is an Arduino Uno compatible board that fits directly onto a Raspberry Pi, giving you the best of both worlds. You can run a full operating system on the Pi with whatever high-level management software you like, while using the PiLeven for I/O using its Arduino R3 shield headers.
The two boards communicate with each other via a serial connection passed through the Raspberry Pi header. They can also use I2C to communicate.
No custom programming interface is required, you can use the unmodified Arduino IDE or any Arduino Uno compatible programming method for the PiLeven.
The PiLeven also features a switchmode power supply which is passed through to the Raspberry Pi, allowing you to run them using any 7-18Vdc power supply. Very handy!
(Raspberry Pi not included.)
- ATmega328P MCU at 16MHz
- 5V operation with level shifters to communicate with Raspberry Pi at 3.3V
- High efficiency switchmode power supply that can also power the Raspberry Pi (input 7-18Vdc)
- Reprogram the PiLeven from the Raspberry Pi
- Arduino R3 headers for full shield compatibility
- Prototyping area to add your own parts
- Fits many Raspberry Pi Models
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 1 Model B
- PiLeven Getting Started Guide
- PiLeven Wiki with custom configuration tips
- Discuss on the forum
- Design files
|MCU Type||Atmel AtMega328p|
|Operating Voltage||5V (3.3V converter interface for Raspberry Pi)|
|MCU Clock Speed||16 MHz|
|Input Voltage||7-18V DC. Recommended 12-18V DC, 1A current capacity|
|Digital I/O pins||14 (6 provide PWM output)|
|Analog Input Pins||6 (analog input pins also support digital I/O, giving 20 digital I/O total if required)|
|Analog Resolution||10 bits, 0-1023 at 5V AREF is approx 0.00488V; 4.88mV per step|
|Current Per I/O Pin||40mA maximum|
|Total Current For I/O Pins||200mA maximum|
|Current For 5V Output||3A maximum (includes 100mA for Microcontroller, and power for Raspberry Pi) |
If using the full 3A output (ie lots of high-current USB devices attached to the Pi), then we recommend connecting a DC input power supply that is rated for 2A if 12V, 1.5A if 15V, or 1.2A if 18V.
|Flash Memory||32 KB Flash Memory, of which 1 KB is used by bootloader|
|SRAM, EEPROM||2 KB SRAM, 1 KB EEPROM|
|Raspberry Pi Comms||Hardware Serial & I2C connected from Raspberry Pi to microcontroller. |
Connections can be disabled by cutting solder jumpers on board, if required.
|Serial||1 x hardware USART, SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface), 1 x I2C|
|Other||Many other one-wire, multi-wire, LCD and expansion devices supported by free code and libraries.|
- PILV (58)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.