The BeagleBone Black Wireless is a low-cost, credit-card-sized development platform with good support from a fast-growing community. Replacing the 10/100 Ethernet port with onboard 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz WiFi and Bluetooth, the BeagleBone Black computer now comes with built-in wireless networking capability. BeagleBone Black Wireless is the easiest to use and modify IoT Linux computer of its size. Ultimately, the BeagleBone Black Wireless is still perfect for physical computing and smaller embedded applications.
With plenty of I/O and processing power for real-time analysis provided by the Octavo Systems OSD3358 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, BeagleBone Black Wireless can be complemented with cape plug-in boards, which augment Black’s functionality. They’re called capes because Underdog is a beagle, and he wears a cape. Makes sense, right?
At more than 3 million Dhrystone operations per second and vector floating point arithmetic operations, the BeagleBone Black Wireless is capable of not just interfacing to all of your robotics motor drivers, location or pressure sensors and 2D or 3D cameras, but also running OpenCV, OpenNI and other image collection and analysis software to recognize the objects around your robot and the gestures you might make to control it.
Like BeagleBone Black, the wireless version retains HDMI output, serial debug port, PC USB interface, USB 2.0 host, and reset and power buttons. This version adds two more status LEDs for WiFi and Bluetooth. Also retained is the 4GB of onboard eMMC memory with Debian Linux pre-installed, allowing BeagleBone Black Wireless to boot in around 10 seconds, and have you developing through your web browser in less than 5 minutes using just a single USB cable.
Note: These are BeagleBone Black Wireless Compliant boards made by Element14. Though these may not be made by the good folks at BeagleBoard, each BBB is officially recognized by them, and the computers are identical in both form and function. For more information, check out BeagleBoard’s Compliant Program.
- Octavo Systems OSD3358 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8 Processor
- 512MB DDR3 RAM
- 4GB 8-bit eMMC onboard flash storage
- 3D graphics accelerator
- NEON floating-point accelerator
- 2x PRU 32-bit microcontrollers
- USB client for power and communications
- USB host
- 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.1 plus BLE
- 2x 46 pin headers
- Software Compatibility:
- Debian with Cloud9 IDE on Node.js with BoneScript library
- Third-party support for Android and Ubuntu
- and More…
- 1x BeagleBone Black Wireless
- 1x 3ft USB-A to Mini-B USB Cable
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.