This stepper motor is a little different than the large NEMA-17 types you may be used to. These are often used in gauges for motorcycles and cars to replace the old-style fully-analog type. They have extremely fine step precision of about 1/2 a degree per step, 600 steps for single stepping, fast response for quick movements, and a range of ~315° degrees. Their smooth motion makes good for small projects that need a dial indicator, and more precision motion than you may get with a needle gauge.
Since this is a bi-polar stepper motor you do need to have some sort of H-Bridge to drive it. A L293D or TB6612 will do the job nicely. If you have a microcontroller that can drive 200 ohm loads you might be able to use the direct pins without extra MOSFETs, just remember to include kickback/flyback protection diodes!
Note that the motor is quite 'weak', not good for moving anything but a light indicator. Adafruit include a red-line dial that fits nicely on top by pushing onto the needle shaft.
- Axial Force Maximum: 150N
- Axial Pull Force Maximum: 100N
- Radial Force Maximum: 12N
- Rotation Angle Maximum: 315°
- Coil Resistance: 260 ohm
- General Tolerance: ± 0.1 / ± 5°
- Rotation Angle Maximum: ~315°
- 600 steps per 'rotation' (315 degree rotation)
- Red-Line Dial Diameter: 13mm / 0.5"
- Red-Line Dial Length: 42mm / 1.65"
- Dial Thickness: 1mm / 0.04"
- Motor Diameter: 32mm / 1.3"
- Motor Thickness (w/o pins): 9mm / 0.35"
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.