An anemometer is a device used for measuring wind speed, and is a common weather station instrument. This well made anemometer is designed to sit outside and measure wind speed with ease.
To use, connect the black wire to power and signal ground, the brown wire to 7-24VDC (we used 9V with success) and measure the analog voltage on the blue wire. The voltage will range from 0.4V (0 m/s wind) up to 2.0V (for 32.4m/s wind speed). That's it! The sensor is rugged, and easy to mount. The cable can easily disconnect with a few twists and has a weatherproof connector.
Note: As of 11/06/2014, shipping weight has been changed on this product to match UPS' new dimensional weight regulations.
- Height (base to center): 105mm / 4.1"
- Center out to Cup: 102mm / 4"
- Arm Length: 70mm / 2.8"
- Weight: 111.8g
- Wire Length: 99cm / 39"
- Plug Length: 30mm / 1.2"
- Diameter (thickness): 4.8mm / 0.2"
- Output: 0.4V to 2V
- Testing Range: 0.5m/s to 50m/s
- Start wind speed: 0.2 m/s
- Resolution: 0.1m/s
- Accuracy: Worst case 1 meter/s
- Max Wind Speed: 70m/s
- Connector details: Pin 1 - Power (brown wire), Pin 2 - Ground (black wire), Pin 3 - Signal (blue wire), Pin 4 not connected
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Getting Hands-on with Sensors
What good is a robot if it can’t interact with the environment around it? Sensors are the backbone of almost every electronics project as they allow your program to make decisions based on external stimuli. We’ve got sensors for all kinds...
- Rain Gauge Data Logger
Summary A Raspberry Pi 3B is used to collect digital counts from an electronic rain gauge (1mm of rain per reed switch closure by magnetic see-saw). It has been running without issues for over 12 months. A UPS powers the Pi so it is immune from short power glitches. The total count is displayed on an LCD screen with reset and inc/dec test buttons. “To HTML” and “To LCD” routines are also included to simp...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.