Analog panel meters are not as blingy as LEDs but they add a touch of elegance and are easier to read quickly.
This one is fairly large and is easy to open up the front with two screws and replace the gauge. There's a 'zero adjust' as well. The back has four 3mm (4-40) screws, 6.5cm apart, so its easy to attach to a box or enclosure
Size: 3.125" (8 cm) square, 1.25" thick (the panel is 0.5", the coil sticks out another 0.75")
Measures: This panel is 0-50uA which means it can be used with any kind of power supply!
To use with a digital output microcontroller (such as an Arduino or AVR), connect the black wire to ground, a resistor in series with the red wire and the other side of the resistor to a PWM output. Then sweep the output from 0 to 100% PWM to swing the meter. The resistor should be = (Power supply Voltage) * 20,000. So for a 5V supply, 100Kohm. For a 3.3V supply, 66Kohm.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.