Aww yeah, it's the Feather you have been waiting for! The HUZZAH32 is Adafruit's ESP32-based Feather, made with the official WROOM32 module. Adafruit packed everything you love about Feathers: built in USB-to-Serial converter, automatic bootloader reset, Lithium Ion/Polymer charger, and just about all of the GPIOs brought out so you can use it with any of our Feather Wings. Adafruit have other boards in the Feather family, check'em out here.
That module nestled in at the end of this Feather contains a dual-core ESP32 chip, 4 MB of SPI Flash, tuned antenna, and all the passives you need to take advantage of this powerful new processor. The ESP32 has both WiFi and Bluetooth Classic/LE support. That means it's perfect for just about any wireless or Internet-connected project.
Because it's part of our Feather eco-system, you can take advantage of the 50+ Wings that Adafruit have designed to add all sorts of cool accessories.
The ESP32 is a perfect upgrade from the ESP8266 that has been so popular. In comparison, the ESP32 has way more GPIO, plenty of analog inputs, two analog outputs, multiple extra peripherals (like a spare UART), two cores so you don't have to yield to the WiFi manager, much higher-speed processor, etc. etc! we think that as the ESP32 gets traction, we'll see more people move to this chip exclusively, as it is so full-featured.
Please note: The ESP32 is still targeted to developers. Not all of the peripherals are fully documented with example code, and there are some bugs still being found and fixed. Adafruit got all of Adafruit's Featherwings working under Arduino IDE, so you can expect things like I2C and SPI and analog reads to work. But other elements are still under development. For that reason, Adafruit recommend this Feather for makers who have some experience with microcontroller programming, and not as a first dev board.
- 240 MHz dual core Tensilica LX6 microcontroller with 600 DMIPS
- Integrated 520 KB SRAM
- Integrated 802.11b/g/n HT40 Wi-Fi transceiver, baseband, stack and LWIP
- Integrated dual mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- 4 MByte flash include in the WROOM32 module
- On-board PCB antenna
- Ultra-low noise analog amplifier
- Hall sensor
- 10x capacitive touch interface
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator
- 3 x UARTs (only two are configured by default in the Feather Arduino IDE support, one UART is used for bootloading/debug)
- 3 x SPI (only one is configured by default in the Feather Arduino IDE support)
- 2 x I2C (only one is configured by default in the Feather Arduino IDE support)
- 12 x ADC input channels
- 2 x I2S Audio
- 2 x DAC
- PWM/timer input/output available on every GPIO pin
- OpenOCD debug interface with 32 kB TRAX buffer
- SDIO master/slave 50 MHz
- SD-card interface support
Comes fully assembled and tested, with a USB interface that lets you quickly use it with the Arduino IDE or the low-level ESP32 IDF. They also toss in some header so you can solder it in and plug into a solderless breadboard. Lipoly battery and USB cable not included (but we do have lots of options in the shop if you'd like!)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Writing Code Onto MicroPython Boards
You have your shiny new MicroPython or Circuit Python board and you have Installed the Firmware and connected to REPL, but now you want to put your code onto the board. To do this we need to send the files over serial. Luckily Adafruit has made a too...
- Flash MicroPython Onto An ESP32
The ESP32 family of microcontrollers are incredibly powerful (2 Cores on a Microcontroller!) and when combined with the awesome writability of MicroPython can be used for all kinds of projects. The ESP32 generally does not come with MicroPython flas...
- MicroPython Primer for Makers - What is MicroPython?
This Tutorial is all about the MicroPython Programming Language. We will discuss what MicroPython is, why you will want to use it in your projects and we will share some resources to help you learn further! What is MicroPython? MicroPython is an ...
- CircuitPython vs MicroPython: Key Differences
Have you ever wanted to program your microcontrollers with Python instead of Arduino? MicroPython and CircuitPython bring the ease of Python to microcontrollers by adding hardware support! In MicroPython, Python is largely unchanged other than the ad...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.