This little 8-character, 2-line parallel liquid crystal display is a generic equivalent of the Optrex DMC-50448N-AAE-AD LCD. It is incorporated into Pololu's Orangutan, Orangutan LV-168, and Orangutan SV-328 robot controllers and 3pi robot. It uses the common HD44780 interface, so sample interface code is widely available for a variety of microcontrollers. This is the smallest package Pololu know of for this familiar interface.
You can find sample HD44780 LCD interface code written for a variety of AVR microcontrollers as part of the Pololu AVR library.
|1||Vss||ground (0 V)|
|2||Vdd||5 V logic supply voltage|
|4||RS||H/L register select signal|
|5||R/W||H/L read/write signal|
|6||E||H/L enable signal|
|7-14||DB0 – DB7||H/L data bus for 4- or 8-bit mode|
Note: some of Pololu's pictures show pins soldered to the LCD PCB, but this item ships without pins (the pads are standard 0.1" spacing), connectors, or cables.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.