The YBox2 is a DIY networked set-top box. Connect it to your TV and you can design customized content to be delivered direct from the Internet.
This project is great for people who want a new platform to experiment with. The video and Internet cores are ready to go and easy to work with. Adafruit have some example widgets that demonstrate the YBox2's capability, and the whole project is open source so you can start hacking your own. If you've ever been curious about the Parallax Propeller chip, the YBox2 is a perky little platform with tons of accessories.
The kit comes with PCB and all necessary electronic parts, unassembled. Assembly is not difficult, but considering the number of components, it will take a couple hours to complete. Power supply, mint tin, TV, tools and cables not included.
- Built using the new Parallax Propeller chip - 8 cores, 32KB of RAM running at 80MHz!
- Works with any NTSC or PAL TV that has composite (RCA) input
- Internet-ready! Works with any network router that supports DHCP, just plug in an Ethernet cable and you're ready to go
- Kit comes with an Internet-enabled bootloader already installed, so you can upload new programs directly from your computer, without a special cable or prop-plug (Propeller chip programmer)
- IR receiver for using a TV remote control
- Tons of tutorials on how to get started with Propeller chips
- Full color RGB status LED
- Piezo Buzzer for generating beeps, alarms, and tones
- Pushbutton for input
- Lots of examples widgets to try out
- Fits in an altoids tin!
- Dimensions (PCB only): 86mm x 52mm x 1.6mm (3.4in x 2in x 0.06in)
- Dimensions (assembled): 96mm x 52mm x 18mm (3.8in x 2in x 0.7in)
- Weight(max): 63g (2.22oz)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.