Make your own USB connections without slicing apart a USB cable and soldering those thin wires inside. This is the 'slim' version of the DIY MicroB Male connector. It's a little more elegant because instead of snapping two pieces together the connector press-fits into the overmolding for a modern look. We also carry the slim size in USB-A male and USB-microB female.
Normal DIY "USB shells" are available in USB A plug, micro B, mini B and USB A socket.
Each shell comes with a plastic shell and a proper connector with easy-to-solder tabs. All 5 pins are brought out, 3 on one side of the connector, two on the other.
- Assembled Dimensions: 26mm x 10mm x 7mm / 1" x 0.4" x 0.3"
- Assembled Weight: 1.22g
- Micro USB Connector Dimensions: 14mm x 8.5mm x 6mm / 0.6" x 0.3" x 0.2"
- Micro USB Connector Weight: 0.6g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.