The URM04 v2.0 Ultrasonic Sensor is developed based upon our popular URM37 ultrasonic sensor. The RS485 interface allows a number of sensors working together. Up to 32 URM04 may be connected together in a network.
The ultrasonic sensor allows you to determine the exact distance of an obstacle in the sonar field of view. The cleverness of your robot will depend on a sensitive sensor similar to the one bats use to know their position and track prey. With advanced programming, you can design compensators in order to perfectly control your motors according to the obstacle's distance.
NOTE: This sensor REQUIRES a RS-485 interface. It can not be connected directly to an Arduino. To make the connection easily we recommend using our IO Expansion shield v5.
- Power Supply: +5V
- Current: <20mA
- Working temperature: -10℃～+70℃
- Detecting range: 4cm-500cm
- Resolution: 1cm
- Frequency: 40KHz
- Interface: RS485
- Units: Range reported in cm
- Temperature sensor: 12 bits reading from serial port
- Default Device Address: 0x11
- Default Device baudrate: 19200
- Size: 34x51 mm
- Weight: 30g
URM04 v2.0 Ultrasonic Sensor (1 unit)
Wire with 4p JST connector(1 unit)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.