Remember those cereal commercials that would always say, "part of a complete breakfast"? Well the Pi Zero's a lot like that bowl of cereal - while it's great on its own, you need a lot of accessories to make it a complete meal.
The Pi Zero Stereo Bonnet Pack sets you up with the Pi Zero, and Adafruit's I2S 3W Stereo Speaker Bonnet. That bonnet uses digital sound standard I2S right on the 2x20 pin GPIO header, providing really crisp audio. The digital data goes right into the amplifier so there's no static like you hear from the headphone jack. And it's super easy to get started. Adafruit even include speakers that you can plug right in! Once you've set up your Pi Zero, run Adafruit's installer script, reboot and you're ready to jam!
This pack includes:
- Raspberry Pi Zero - the type of low cost game-changing product Raspberry Pi's known for - a super light, super lean microcomputer.
- Adafruit Pi Zero Enclosure - Adafruit's classic, sturdy plastic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero safe and you can plug the Bonnet on top
- Adafruit Stereo Speaker Bonnet Mini Kit - To get the best out of your Raspberry Pi audio! Since it's digital audio, it sounds great.
- Break-away 0.1" 2x20-pin Strip Dual Male Header - Solder this to your Pi Zero so you can plug in the Bonnet
- Enclosed 3 Watt stereo speaker set - plugs right into the speaker Bonnet!
Don't forget to make sure you have a good strong 5V power supply - especially if you're using the 3W 4 ohm speakers at full blast! Adafruit's 2.4A power plug is recommended and not included.
You'll also need a microSD card with NooBs or other Raspberry Pi operating system software, also not included.
Some light through-hole soldering is required to attach the headers onto the Pi Zero and Bonnet. A soldering iron and solder is required to perform this task.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.