|6-lead, unipolar/bipolar stepper motor wires are terminated with bare leads.|
|6-lead, unipolar/bipolar stepper motor wiring diagram.|
This high-torque hybrid stepping motor has a 1.8° step angle (200 steps/revolution). Each phase draws 1 A at 5.7 V, allowing for a holding torque of 4 kg-cm (55 oz-in). The motor has six color-coded wires terminated with bare leads that allow it to be controlled by both unipolar and bipolar stepper motor drivers. When used with a unipolar stepper motor driver, all six leads are used. When used with a bipolar stepper motor driver, the center-tap yellow and white wires can be left disconnected (the red-blue pair gives access to one coil and the black-green pair gives access to the other coil). Pololu recommend using it as a bipolar stepper motor.
Pololu's 1/4″ universal mounting hub can be used to mount objects on the stepper motor’s 1/4″-diameter output shaft.
- Size: 56.4 mm square × 41 mm, not including the shaft (NEMA 23)
- Weight: 450 g (16 oz)
- Shaft diameter: 6.35 mm (0.25″) “D”
- Steps per revolution: 200
- Current rating: 1 A per coil
- Voltage rating: 5.7 V
- Resistance: 5.7 Ω per coil
- Holding torque: 4 kg-cm (55 oz-in)
- Inductance: 5.4 mH per coil
- Lead length: 30 cm (12″)
More specifications are available in the datasheet (50k pdf).
The following diagram shows the stepper motor dimensions in mm. The output shaft has a 0.25″ (6.35 mm) diameter. Though not shown in the diagram, the output is a D-shaft with a section that is flattened by 0.5 mm. This shaft works with Pololu's 1/4″ universal mounting hub.
|The inside of a bipolar stepper motor.|
Stepper Motor Applications
Stepper motors are generally used in a variety of applications where precise position control is desirable and the cost or complexity of a feedback control system is unwarranted. Here are a few applications where stepper motors are often found:
- CNC machines
- 3D printer/prototyping machines (e.g. RepRap)
- Laser cutters
- Pick and place machines
- Linear actuators
- Hard drives
|Pololu’s assortment of stepper motors.|
Note: This stepper motor is SOYO part number SY57STH41-1006A.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.