This 143:1 gearmotor (gearbox with brushed DC motor) is a faster version of the GM2 gearmotor. It is a great low-cost alternative to modified hobby servos or Tamiya gearboxes. The low-current motor is a perfect match for Pololu's qik 2s9v1 dual serial motor controller, and the compact size makes this unit an attractive choice for small robot designs.
This gearmotor comes pre-assembled, with the gears fully enclosed. There are built-in mounting holes, and the output shaft is 7 mm in diameter with two sides flattened. Please note that the output shaft is slightly shorter than on the GM2 and GM3 gearmotors. Also, the green end of the output shaft should not be used (it is difficult to get to, anyway). This motor also comes with a built-in safety clutch.
Compatible products include a custom-molded GMPW plastic wheel, and the Solarbotics GMW motor mount, which can be used as a wheel itself or as a mounting point for other wheels or mechanisms. Solarbotics makes a mounting bracket that works with this motor, and Pololu's L-brackets and extended L-brackets for plastic gearmotors are also compatible with this motor (though you might need longer screws than the ones included with the Pololu brackets).
For similar gearmotors, you might want to take a look at:
- Less expensive: Pololu 120:1 plastic gearmotor offset output
- Higher torque: GM2 gearmotor
- 90 degree output shaft: GM9 gearmotor
- Smaller: GM6 gearmotor
- Description: Offset/inline
- Gear ratio: 143:1
- 3 V Operation:
- No-load RPM: ~ 40
- No-load current: ~ 50 mA
- Stall current: ~ 400 mA
- Stall torque: ~ 44 oz-in
- 6 V Operation:
- No-load RPM: ~ 78
- No-load current: ~ 52 mA
- Stall current: ~ 700 mA
- Stall torque: ~ 76 oz-in
- Weight: 32 g
|Solarbotics GM8 gearmotor dimensions (in mm).|
Though the product picture shows two gearmotors, this product is for a single motor.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.