This 224:1 gearmotor (gearbox with brushed DC motor) is a great low-cost alternative to modified hobby servos or Tamiya gearboxes. The low-current motor is a perfect match for Pololu's qik 2s9v1 dual serial motor controller, and the compact size makes this unit an attractive choice for small robot designs.
This gearmotor comes pre-assembled, with the gears fully enclosed. There are built-in mounting holes, and the output shaft is 7mm in diameter with two sides flattened (the “D” output is not meant to be used). A built-in safety clutch engages at approximately 60 oz-in.
Compatible products include a custom-molded GMPW plastic wheel, and the Solarbotics GMW motor mount, which can be used as a wheel itself or as a mounting point for other wheels or mechanisms. Solarbotics makes a mounting bracket that works with this motor, and Pololu's L-brackets and extended L-brackets for plastic gearmotors are also compatible with this motor (though you might need longer screws than the ones included with the Pololu brackets).
For similar gearmotors, you might want to take a look at:
- Less expensive: Pololu 228:1 plastic gearmotor offset output
- 90 degree output shaft: GM3 gearmotor.
- Similar but smaller 120:1 gearmotor: GM6 gearmotor
- Faster version: GM8 gearmotor
- Description: Offset/inline
- Gear ratio: 224:1
- 3 V Operation:
- No-load RPM: ~ 24
- No-load current: ~ 40 mA
- Stall current: ~ 400 mA
- Stall torque: ~ 49 oz-in
- 6 V Operation:
- No-load RPM: ~ 46
- No-load current: ~ 50 mA
- Stall current: ~ 710 mA
- Stall torque: ~ 57 oz-in
- Weight: 32 g
|Solarbotics GM2 gearmotor dimensions (in mm).|
Though the product picture shows two gearmotors, this product is for a single motor.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.