These modules make it easy to control your project once its in an enclosure or from across the room, but there are some things to watch out for. One is that they do not have 'addressing' - if you have multiple receivers in a room, they'll all work at the same time with a single remote. Another is that there's no error checking or bi-directional link - that means the remote doesn't know if the module received the message or not. Third, there are a few different types of receivers and each one looks identical but they're act differently!
- The M4 momentary type acts like a push button - when the A button is held down, the matching pin goes high. When the A button is released, the matching pin goes low. The pins only go high when a button is pressed
- The T4 toggle type acts like an alternating toggle switch - when the A button is pressed the first time, the matching pin goes high. When the A button is pressed a second time, the matching pin goes low. The pins are turned on and off by repeated presses
- The L4 latch type acts like a selector switch - when the A button is pressed the first time, the matching pin goes high. When the B button is pressed it turns A's pin off and turns B's pin on. When C is pressed, it turns B off, etc. Only one is on at a time. If you press the same button twice, it doesn't turn that pin off.
Check this video for a more visual description:
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.