The Seeeduino Lite shares many similarities with the Arduino Leonardo. It is a microcontroller board based on Atmega32u4 chip running at 16MHz and at 5V power. The ATmega32u4 is similar to the ATmega328 but also has the ability to talk USB 'natively' which means no USB-Serial converter chip.
The Seeeduino Lite has 20 digital I/Os (7 of which can output PWM), a micro USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with a AC-to-DC adapter to get started!
Seeeduino Lite has a voltage select switch to allow you to change from 5V logic level to 3V logic level when dealing with 3V-only devices. In addition, there are I2C, UART, and Grove Interfaces which provide convenience for connecting Grove modules.
Additionally, the Seeeduino Lite can appear to a connected computer as a mouse and keyboard, in addition to a virtual (CDC) serial / COM port. Altogether, this kit makes a good compatible alternative for projects that require a Leonardo (now discontinued).
Comes with a set of headers that are not soldered on. Some soldering and hand-tools are required to assemble if you need headers attached, but it's an easy task.
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limits): 6-20V
- Digital I/O Pins: 20
- PWM Channels: 7
- Analog Input Channels: 12
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
- Flash Memory: 32 KB (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 2.5 KB (ATmega32u4)
- EEPROM: 1 KB (ATmega32u4)
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
For technical support, please post your questions to the Seeeduino forums.
Product Dimensions: 69.0mm x 54.0mm x 8.9mm / 2.7" x 2.1" x 0.4"
Product Weight: 16.3g / 0.6oz
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.