RF Explorer is a handheld digital spectrum analyzer - a convenient tool for work in all popular frequency bands. It's based on an integrated frequency synthesizer and double-balanced mixer which offers high performance, compact size, and low power consumption.
The RF Explorer has been designed for both indoor and outdoor, and can be connected to a PC for extra functionality using a standard mini-USB lead.
This model features a WSUB1G base unit with a RFEMWSUB3G expansion-module already assembled and tested. It comes with two SMA connectors and two antennas: a Nagoya NA-773 wideband telescopic antenna for Sub-GHz frequencies and a whip helical for 2.4GHz band. Additional, specific-band antennas may be needed to cover some of the frequencies supported.
This unit does not include RF Generator functionality, only Spectrum Analyzer functionality is available.
- Spectrum Analyzer mode with Peak Max and Hold, Normal, Overwrite and Averaging modes
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features
- High capacity Lipo for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB
- Sturdy aluminium chassis
- Carry pouch
- Open source Windows PC client
- Can be extended with internal Expansion Modules for additional band and functionality
- Wide band coverage: 15MHz to 2.7GHz. These frequencies include 2m HAM radio, VHF and UHF, FM radio, GPS, WiFi and WiMax, Bluetooth, etc.
- Frequency band: 15-2700 MHz
- Frequency span: 112KHz - 600MHz
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors
- PC Windows client supports Windows XP/Vista/Win7 both 32 and 64bits
- Backlight for great indoor visibility
- 2 standard SMA 50 ohms connector, one for Sub-GHz wideband Nagoya NA-773 telescopic antenna included and another 2.4Ghzone for 15-2700 MHz band with helical antenna included.
- Amplitude resolution: 0.5dBm
- Dynamic range:
- Left SMA port (WSUB1G): -115dBm to 0dBm
- Right SMA port (WSUB3G): -110dBm to -10dBm
- Absolute Max input power:
- Left SMA port (WSUB1G): +5dBm
- Right SMA port (WSUB3G): +30dBm
- Average noise level (typical): -110dBm
- Frequency stability and accuracy (typical): +-10ppm
- Amplitude stability and accuracy (typical): +-6dBm
- Frequency resolution: 1Khz
- Resolution bandwidth (RBW): automatic 3Khz to 600Khz
- Weight: 185g
- Size: 113x70x25 mm
For more info and to get started with your RF Explorer, visit the getting started guide.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.