The LoPy is a compact triple network MicroPython enabled development board (LoRa, Wifi, Bluetooth). It’s the perfect enterprise grade IoT platform for your connected Things. With the latest Espressif ESP32 chipset the LoPy offers a perfect combination of power, friendliness and flexibility. Create and connect your things everywhere. Fast.
The LoPy can act as both a LoRa Nano Gateway and a multi-bearer (LoRa, WiFi and BLE) development platform suitable for all LoRa networks around the globe. It is programmable with MicroPython and the Pymakr plugin IDE for fast IoT application development, easy programming in-field and extra resilience with network failover. The best blend of speed to deployment and access to new LPWAN networks rolling out across Europe, USA, Africa and India. The LoPy is CE, FCC approved and is LoRaWAN certified.
The board ships with or without male headers mounted as seen on the pictures.
NOTE: Using the LoRa radio without the external antenna can lead to damage of the device and is therefore not recommended.
PLEASE NOTE: Pycom modules are powered by the NEW and FEATURE PACKED Espressif ESP32 chip. As a result our firmware is evolving constantly as the ESP32 IDF matures. Regular firmware updates are therefore provided.
If you are purchasing the LoPy and wish to connect via USB to your computer, you will also need to purchase either the Expansion Board 2.0, Pysense or Pytrack.
- Powerful CPU, BLE and state of the art WiFi radio. 1KM Wifi Range
- Can also double up as Nano LoRa gateway
- MicroPython enabled
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected micro controllers
- Espressif ESP32 chipset
- Dual processor + WiFi radio System on chip
- Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
- 868 MHz (Europe) at +14dBm maximum
- 915 MHz (North and South America, Australia and New Zealand) at +20dBm maximum
- Node range: Up to 40km
- Nano-gateway: Up to 22km
- Nano-gateway capacity: Up to 100 nodes
- 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, I2C, I2S, micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs
- Timers: 4×16 bit with PWM and input capture
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: Up to 24
Security & Certifications
- SSL/TLS support
- WPA Enterprise security
- FCC – 2AJMTLOPY2R
- CE 0700
- RAM: 512KB
- External flash: 4MB
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
Hash / encryption
- SHA, MD5, DES, AES
- 802.1b/g/n 16mbps
- Low energy and classic
- Running at 32KHz
- Input: 3.3V – 5.5V
- 3v3 output capable of sourcing up to 400mA
- WiFi: 12mA in active mode, 5uA in standby
- LoRa: 15mA in active mode, 1-uA in standby
- Semtech LoRa transceiver SX1272
- LoRaWAN stack
- Class A and C devices
- 55mm x 20mm x 3.5mm (Without Headers)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.