Last time we connected a pie to an electric motor, it made a mess of the kitchen. It turns out that raspberry pie is still a challenge for motors… Raspberry Pi, on the other hand, can totally hook up to all kinds of controls and sensors thanks to the PiFace Digital expansion board!
The PiFace Digital plugs directly into the GPIO port on your Raspberry Pi and adds a whole load of input and output capability. You can detect switch states, drive motors, move actuators, blink LEDs… you know, all the good stuff! Program it any way you want but there’s existing documentation for Python and Scratch! All of the input and output connectors are screw terminals, making it really easy to wire your Pi to all kinds of external systems. If you want to get an interactive project off the ground quickly with Raspberry Pi, the PiFace Digital is a great way to start.
- Plugs directly onto the Raspberry Pi GPIO socket
- Fits Directly over the Raspberry Pi and within the Raspberry Pi’s footprint
- 2 Changeover Relays
- 4 Tactile Switches
- 8 Digital Inputs
- 8 Open-Collector Outputs
- 8 LED Indicators
- Easy to program in Python, Scratch and C
- Graphical Emulator and Simulator
- Relays can be used to switch voltages up to 20V (Max) or currents up to 5A (Max)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.