PaPiRus Zero is an ePaper / eInk screen pHAT designed for the Raspberry Pi Zero. It’s one of the first true low power displays for the Pi Zero mini computer.
ePaper / eInk is a display technology that mimics the appearance of ink on normal paper. Unlike conventional displays, ePaper reflects light – just like ordinary paper – and is capable of holding text and images indefinitely, even without electricity. Because of this, ePaper displays and single board computers or microcontrollers are a match made in heaven as together they use a very small amount of power whilst still bringing a display to your project.
The ePaper display that comes with this PaPiRus Zero is a 2″ diagonal and 128 x 96 resolution ePaper display. One fantastic aspect of the ePaper display is the fact they don’t need any power to keep the image on the screen. Just like a Kindle, you can read whatever is on your screen in daylight without any reflection. More information including wiring diagrams, datasheets & and links to example code are available at rePaper.
- An eInk / ePaper name tag
- Display the latest weather forecast
- A Pi Zero ePaper watch
- Display your own Twitter Feed
- Small dynamic digital signage (such as displaying prices for products in a store)
- Outdoor displays where you don’t want the screen to be affected by sunlight reflection
- Any sort of data-logging applications
Works with any 40-pin Raspberry Pi variant.
PLEASE NOTE!! The PaPiRus Zero doesn’t come with a stacking header for use with the Pi Zero! If you still need one though, you can pick one up here.
- Board Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5.5mm / 2.6" x 1.2" x 0.2"
- Board Weight: 9.7g / 0.34oz
- Screen Dimensions: 2" x 1" x 0.03" / 55mm x 26mm x 0.85mm
- Assembled Weight: 12.5g / 0.44oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Rotate Raspberry Pi Video Display / Screen
Like many things in the Raspberry Pi ecosystem, functions such as rotating the display output can be a little unintuitive at first. Or perhaps you’re not sure how to get rid of that annoying black outline on your screen. So, we’ve put tog...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Character Displays with Particle
Crunching numbers is fine, but sometimes you really need to visualise what’s going on in the tiny brain of your Photon. There are numerous different ways to visualise data or text on a microcontroller from binary LEDs, to HDMI displays, however...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.