Put a temperature meter anywhere with this very handy display. This panel meter displays the temperature of the attached waterproof 1% thermistor in °C. It does require a DC voltage to run, at 4.5-30VDC. It has reverse polarity protection in case you swap the power leads by accident.
To use, simply connect the thin red wire to a positive supply, and the thin black wire to ground. Then tape the black thermistor bulb to whatever you want to measure - or leave it loose to measure ambient temperature. The display has a microcontroller that will read thermistor resistance and display the corresponding temperature from -30°C to 70°C with 1 °C precision on a 3-digit 0.56" tall 7-segment display. The meter draws 3-4mA to power the microcontroller and display. This particular LED display is a nice vivid blue, which Adafruit found very readable. To mount to your enclosure, simply cut a 45.5mm × 26.5mm rectangle and snap it in.
This meter can only display the temperature in Centigrade °C, it cannot be modified to °F and we do not have a version that is °F.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.