This is the NeoPixel Shield from Adafruit. This Arduino shield is equipped with 40 WS2812 RGB LEDs arranged in an 5x8 matrix with on one pin (Digital #6) needed to control them all.
Each shield is powered by the 5V onboard Arduino supply and as long as you aren’t lighting up all the LEDs full power white that should be fine. You can also solder in the included terminal block to attach an external 4-6VDC power supply in case you need more power than what the Arduino provides.
Additionally, you can chain as many of these panels together as you’d like when tiled separetely from the Arduino. For the second panel, connect the DIN connection to the first panel’s DOUT, connect the ground pins together and power with 5V. It should be noted that after five or more panels you may run low on RAM if you’re using an Arduino Uno.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.