This microswitch has a 3" long wire lever actuator and three terminals. Sometimes called 'coin switches' - they're used in coin detectors. The terminals are along the bottom (the other microswitches have them on the sides). We think this switch would do great as a bump sensor: its fairly low torque so the wire snaps the switch before it gets bent. Of course, you can bend the wire as well. We also have kinds with a bump actuator, roller lever and flat lever.
This is a basic micro switch and Adafruit don't have any detailed specifications for it. Adafruit aren't sure it's good for high current or high voltage so they suggest keeping it at or below 12VDC and under 50mA until Adafruit can find a spec sheet.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.