Micro-switches are often found in arcade buttons and joysticks but they're also really handy in any kind of mechatronics project or when you need a basic sensor. They are always 'tactile' (clicky feeling), and 'momentary' (the switch closes when pressed, then snaps open once released). They come in a few different varieties (mostly having to do with the contacts and how big the actuator is).
This microswitch has a small bump actuator, but They also have kinds with a lever, roller lever and long wire. Compared to the other 'generic' micro-switches We carry, this one is higher quality and has better specifications. This is a basic micro switch for arcade and mini robots, and Adafruit don't have any detailed specifications for it so this switch is recommended for use with 30VDC and 250mA max. A great replacement for arcade controls.
- Operating Frequency (mechanical): 120 operations/min
- Operating Frequency (electrical): 5A-10~30 operations/min
- Contact Resistance (initial): 100m Ω (Max.)
- Insulation Resistance (at 500VDC): 100M Ω (Min.)
- Dielectric Strength (50-60Hz): 1000VAC RMS
- Storage Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Humidity: At 40°C,Max. 85% RH (Max.)
- Service Life (mechanical): Min. 10,000,000 operations
- Service Life (electrical): 5A - Min. 10,000 operations
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.