Learn how to make double-sided, professional-quality PCBs from the ground up using Eagle – the powerful, flexible design software. In this step-by-step guide, electronics guru Simon Monk leads you through the process of designing a schematic, transforming it into a PCB layout, and submitting standard Gerber files to a manufacturing service to create your finished board. Filled with detailed illustrations, photos and screenshots, “Make Your Own PCBs with Eagle” features downloadable example projects so you can get started right away.
- Install Eagle Light Edition and discover the views and screens that make up an Eagle project
- Create the schematic and board files for a simple LED project
- Find the right components and libraries for your projects
- Work with the Schematic Editor
- Lay out PCBs with through-hole components and with surface-mount technology
- Build a sound level meter with a small amplifier and 10 LEDs
- Generate Gerber design files to submit for fabrication
- Solder through-hole PCBs and SMD boards
- Design a plug-in Arduino shield
- Build a Raspberry Pi expansion board
- Automate repetitive tasks using scripts and User Language Programs
- Create your own libraries and parts, and modify existing components
- Author: Simon Monk
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill / TAB Electronics
- Paperback: 272 pages
- ISBN 10: 0071819258
- ISBN 13: 860-1400849866
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.