The Littlebits Steam Student Kit is here to provide the most engaging classroom experience possible. It contains modules of every kind which are sure to capture the imaginations of minds everywhere.
- Littlebits provides everything that an educator needs to teach STEM/STEAM courses, with no electronics experience required, it's intuitive and fun.
- Steam Student Kit provides over 16 hours of challenges over 8 guided lessons, with additional 'companion' lessons.
- Encourages teamwork and group activities with each kit supporting 1-4 students for guided or self-directed learning.
- Littlbits bridges creative problem solving, and engineering solutions in a fun and engaging way, which brings a new level of interaction to STEM learning.
If you're new to the Littlebits platform, here are the core foundations which they base their learning experience on:
- Bit Basics: This guide teaches the fundamentals of Bits and littleBits circuits, makes getting started a snap.
- littleBits Intro: A hands-on lesson on how the platform works that sets students up for successful inventing.
- The Invention Cycle: A lesson on littleBits unique learning process that helps unlock creativity, discovery, and innovation.
Ready for a new challenge? Try these littleBits CHALLENGES!
For more detailed information, check out the littleBits Handy Guidebook! 24 pages to walk you through the process of creating amazing inventions.
16+ HOURS OF LESSONS
Comes with 10 lessons, with tips for creating your own!
Aligns with NGSS and Common Core standards
NO EXPERIENCE NECCESSARY
Educators of every level can bring STEAM learnign to life.
Find thousands of additional invention instructions online and on the app.
CREATED BY YOU
Developed in partnership with educators to ensure it fits your curriculum
- 1 button
- 2 DC motor (tethered)
- 1 fork
- 1 light sensor
- 1 number
- 1 pulse
- 1 servo
- 1 temperature sensor
- 2 wire
- 1 buzzer
- 1 fan
- 1 inverter
- 1 long LED
- 1 power
- 1 RGB LED
- 1 slide dimmer
- 1 USB power
- 1 battery and cable
- 4 motorMate
- 2 screwdriver
- 1 servo hub
- 24 shoes (hook and loop)
- 2 wheels
- 3 mechanical arms
- 2 mounting boards
- 4 screws
- 1 servo mount
- 1 USB power adapter and cable
What's in the Box?
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Our littleBits Gizmos and Gadgets Kit (2nd Edition) Review
The new Gizmos and Gadgets revision 2.0 from littleBits is here and we've decided to review the kit for any budding inventors (or inventor's parents) out there. The v1.0 kit was impressive enough, we were interested to see what littleBits could have ...
- Our littleBits Rule Your Room Kit Review
"Yes, I would recommend this a friend." That's the verdict of 90% of people who pick up the Rule your Room Kit from littleBits. We love it so much, we're most definitely recommending it to you and your family. But you don't need to take our word f...
- What is the better tech, innoBits or littleBits?
We get a lot of interest from parents and educators surrounding littleBits and innobits. Especially the difference between the two products. Both are magnetically connected electronic building blocks. Both products empower people to invent and create...
- LittleBits Community & the Workshop Set
LittleBits have launched a global network of organizations to share and spread the word of littleBits. It's all to put the power of electronics in the hands of everyone. The 'chapters' are simply locations such as maker spaces and libraries, all arou...
- The One Wand to rule them all!
Wands are cool, right? That's what Trinity, Adele, and April were thinking of our recent littleBits Workshop, down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. Their inspiration for this project came straight from the films, in particular, the magic wands that Harry and co use throughout the Saga. They went a bit above a typical wand though, using a pressure sensor alongside a fan, buzzer, and bar graph to make their wand light up...
- littleBits Death Eater Skull!
Remote Controls are magical enough to recreate this awesome Death Eater Skull. You can switch it on from across the room and make it glow an evil green! Jake and Nathan built this invention at a littleBits Workshop down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. At first, they tweaked an RGB LED Bit to be the perfect green and after some additions and problem solving they ended up with this remotely controlled Skull lamp. Just a...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.