Need a big battery for your project? This lithium ion battery contains a 2200mAh and a protection circuit that provides over-voltage, under-voltage and over-current protection. Yet, it is slim and easy to fit into many project cases.
This cell can provide 2C of peak current (4400mA). Note that these batteries are not designed to sustain such high loads, we suggest keeping any constant current draw under about 0.5C (1 Amp)
The battery comes with color coded wires, but to use with Adafruit's chargers you'll likely want to connect a JST 2-pin cable (included!). Because they have a genuine JST connector, not a knock-off, the cable wont snag or get stuck in a matching JST jack, they click in and out smoothly. The cables are rated for 2A so if you use them keep that in mind.
The included protection circuitry keeps the battery voltage from going too high (over-charging) or low (over-use) which means that the battery will cut-out when completely dead at 2.5V. However, even with this protection it is very important that you only use a LiIon/LiPoly constant-voltage/constant-current charger to recharge them and at a rate of 0.5C (1 Amp) or less.
Like most lithium-ion packs, the batteries Adafruit sell do not have thermistors built in. This is why we suggest charging at 1/2C or even less - 1A max in this case. Of course, you can charge at a lower rate - it'll just take a little longer to fill up.
Additional safety notes: Do not use a NiMH/NiCad/lead-acid charger! Also, do not abuse these batteries, do not short, bend, crush or puncture. Never charge or use unattended. Always inspect batteries and surrounding circuitry constantly for any damage, loose wiring, or possibility of short circuits. As with all Lithium ion polymer batteries and with any power source - they should be used by experts who are comfortable working with power supplies
- Dimensions: 69mm x Diameter18mm
- Weight: 46g
- Nominal Capacity: 2200mAh ±2%
- Nominal Cell Voltage: 3.7-3.9V
- Standard Charge Current: ~0.2C / 0.5A
- Max Charge Current: 1C / 2.2A
- Charge Cut-Off Voltage: 4.2V
- Standard Discharge Current: 0.5C / 1.1A
- Discharge Cut-Off Voltage: 2.75V
- Impedance: ≤35mΩ
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.