This Kit includes a tiny Edison fits nicely onto a breakout board - sort of like a tiny IoT sparrow into a very small nest, so you can expose the native 1.8 V I/O of the Edison.
And it is for non-Arduino users. This breakout board has a minimalistic set of features and is slightly larger than the Edison module.
Dimensions: 61mm x 29mm x 12mm
• Uses a 22nm Intel® SoC that includes a dual core, dual threaded Intel® Atom™ CPU at 500MHz and a 32-bit Intel® Quark™ microcontroller at 100 MHz. It supports 40 GPIOs and includes 1GB LPDDR3, 4 GB EMMC, and dual-band WiFi and BTLE on a module slightly larger than a postage stamp.
• The Intel Edison module will initially support development with Arduino* and C/C++, followed by Node.JS, Python, RTOS, and Visual Programming support in the near future.
• It includes a device-to-device and device-to-cloud connectivity framework to enable cross-device communication and a cloud-based, multi-tenant, time-series analytics service.
• The breakout board has exposes native 1.8V I/O of edison module. And 0.1'' grid I/O array of through-hole solder points. USB OTG with USB Micro Type-AB connector, USB OTG power switch. Battery Charge, USB to device UART bridge with USB Micro Type-B connector, DC power supply jack (7V – 15V DC input).
|Form factor||Board with 70-pin connector|
|Dimensions||61mm x 29mm x 12mm|
|Operating temperature||0 to 40 degC|
|Connector||Hirose DF40 Series|
(1.5mm, 2.0mm, or 3.0mm stack height)
|Max Memory size||4GB|
|Memory type||DDR3, Nand Flash|
|Physical add. Ext.||32-bit|
|# of DIMMs||0|
|ECC Memory supported:||NO|
|Total of 40 GPIOs which can be configured as:|
|SD Card||1 Interface|
|SPI||1 Controller with 2 chip selects|
|GPIO||Additional 12 (with 4 capable of PWM)|
|USB 2.0||1 OTG Controller|
|Clock Output||32 KHz, 19.2 MHz|
|Major Edison Components|
|SoC||22nm Intel SoC includes: a dual core, dual threaded Intel Atom CPU at 500MHz, and a 32-bit Intel Quark microcontroller at 100 MHz|
|RAM||1 GB LPDDR3 POP memory|
|Flash Storage||4 GB eMMC|
|WiFi||Broadcom 43340 802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Dual-band (2.4 and 5 GHz)  |
|On board antenna or external antenna SKU configurations|
|Input||3.3V – 4.5V|
|Output||100ma @3.3V and 100ma @ 1.8V|
|Power||Standby (No radios): 13mW|
|Standby (BT 4.0): 21.5mW|
|Standby (WiFi): 35 mW|
|Firmware + Software|
|CPU OS||Yocto Linux v1.6|
|Development Environments||Arduino IDE|
|Eclipse supporting: C, C++ & Python|
|Intel XDK supporting: Node.JS & HTML5|
|Development Environments||MCU SDK and IDE|
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.