This is a box of ten 25ft spools of stranded-core wire. Stranded-core wire is best used for wiring jigs where there's bending or movement expected. It also works well with terminal blocks. It's not great for use with breadboards (without tinning). The wire is easy to solder to, and when bent it keeps its shape pretty well. Adafruit like to have a few spools of this stuff around which is why this set is quite nice! we suggest picking up some wire strippers to match. Wire gauge is 22 AWG, which Adafruit have found is the best all-around gauge.
This set is not good for breadboarding! For breadboard use, check out the solid-core wire set
The box has a plastic dowel rod to hold the spools in place and let them spin, and there are little punch-outs you can pass the wire through so it'll stay nicely organized.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.