Yes, this is a beautiful bright 10.1" TFT display with incredibly high resolution and great angle-visibility! Adafruit tried to get the thinnest, brightest, highest resolution display that would be good for embedded computing usage. The visible display measures 10" diagonal and is a 'raw' display as is used in a tablet, ultra thin with some mounting tabs around the edge. Adafruit include a driver board with HDMI, VGA and Composite inputs. The display is very easy to use - simply connect a 9-12VDC adapter to the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack, then connect a digital video source to one of the ports. Voila, a display!
There's a little wired PCB with little buttons that let you enter a menu system for adjusting brightness, color and contrast. It tried to auto-detect which input you have and switches to that one or you can 'select' from the menu which to display.
To demonstrate it, Adafruit took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any device with HDMI, VGA or NTSC/PAL output. It will not work with a device that only outputs DVI (without a DVI to HDMI converter) or SECAM.
For use with a Raspberry Pi we suggest editing config.txt to set the HDMI to 1280x800 in case it doesn't detect the resolution properly. You can see Adafruit's suggested config.txt in the Technical details tab. The easiest way to edit the config.txt is to put the Pi SD card into an every day computer and edit config.txt with any text editor and save. For use with a BeagleBone black, Adafruit found it works when plugged in, no configuration required.
A power adapter is NO LONGER included. You will need to either purchase a 9-12VDC adapter or you can use one you've already got around the house.
Please note there is a thin protective plastic film on the display, which may be lightly scratched or fogged. You need to remove the film with a fingernail or plastic wedge if you want to have the most beautiful display!
HDMI/VGA/NTSC/PAL Display - 10.1" Diagonal - 1280x800 IPS (1:12)
- Driver Datasheet
- Keyboard Datasheet
- Power with 9-12VDC (recommended)
- 16:10 display ratio
- Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Brightness: 350cd/m2
- Contrast: 800:1
- Adafruit ship with a an HSD101PWW1 display, or equivalent
- Not HDCP compatible - it cannot be used with 'secured' HDMI sources
- Visible area: 217mm x 135mm 16:10
- Screen dimensions: 220mm x 139mm / 8.7" x 5.5"
- Dimensions with frame: 229mm x 149mm / 9.02" x 5.87"
- Thickness: 5mm / 0.2"
- Mounting Tab Lengths: 5.9mm / 0.23"
- Mounting Tab Hole Diameter: range between 2.1mm - 2.9mm / 0.08" - 0.11"
- Bottom Mounting Hole Distance: 62mm / 2.4"
- Top Mounting Hole Distance: 87mm / 3.4"
- Right Side Mounting Hole Distance (closer hole): 125mm / 4.9"
- Right Side Mounting Hole Distance (further hole): 130mm / 5.1"
- Left Side Mounting Hole Distance (closer hole): 118mm / 4.6"
- Left Side Mounting Hole Distance (further hole): 124mm / 4.9"
Power draw from combined display+HDMI driver when backlight is on
- 5V: 980mA (not recommended, sometimes doesn't work @ 5V)
- 6V: 780mA
- 7V: 660mA
- 8V: 575mA
- 9V: 515mA
- 10V: 450mA
- 11V: 415mA
- 12V: 380mA
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Character Displays with Particle
Crunching numbers is fine, but sometimes you really need to visualise what’s going on in the tiny brain of your Photon. There are numerous different ways to visualise data or text on a microcontroller from binary LEDs, to HDMI displays, however...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.