The SM5100B is a miniature, quad-band GSM 850/EGSM 900/DCS 1800/PCS 1900 module, which can be integrated into a great number of wireless projects. You can use this module to accomplish almost anything a normal cell phone can - SMS text messages, GSM/GPRS, TCP/IP, and more!
This module features two UARTS, an SPI interface, and two 10-bit ADCs. It also supports Li-ion battery charging, a 4x6 keypad, and an LCD interface. Inputs/outputs are available for a speaker and microphone. An antenna does come attached to the module.
Power supplied to the module should be regulated between 3.3-4.2VDC (3.6V nominal).
You can connect it up to a mating 60-pin, surface mount connector, or you can pair this module with our SM5100B evaluation board. There is no SIM socket on the actual cell module, you might want to consider using our SIM card breakout board.
- Temperature range: -10-55°C (operating), -40-85°C (storage)
- Connection: 60 pins, mating connector sold separately
- Power Supply: VBAT: 3.3V to 4.2V range, 3.6V typical
- Power Consumption:
- Off mode: <100uA
- Sleep mode: <2.0mA
- Idle mode: <7.0mA (average)
- Communication mode: 350 mA (average,GSM)
- Communication mode: 2A (Typical peak during TX slot,GSM)
- Frequency Bands: EGSM900 +GSM850+ DCS1800+PCS1900
- Transmit Power:
- Class 4 (2W) for EGSM900/GSM850
- Class 1 (1W) for DCS1800/PCS1900
- Supported SIM card: 3V/1.8V SIM card. (auto recognize)
- 4x6 keyboard interface available
- UART0 interface with flow control, up to 460kbps
- UART1 interface without flow control, two-wire interface, up to 460kbps
- LCD interface available, over SPI
- 35.0 x 39.0 x 2.9mm
- Weight: <9g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.