This is the same product as the GPS Shield, but also includes an EM-506 GPS receiver and headers. The difference is, this version comes in fancy clamshell packaging meant for our distributors. Regular customers are welcome to order, but we want to limit the amount of extra packaging finding its way into the trash heap. A GPS quickstart guide and a GPS Shield Assembly Guide are available for this product.
Adding GPS to your Arduino has never been easier. Multiple GPS receivers attach easily to the shield, and with the example sketch (check below), you will be able to locate your exact position within a few meters. Here’s where we are. GPS also gives you amazingly accurate time!
A connector for the popular EM-506 GPS receiver is populated on the board, and footprints for EM-408 and EB-85A connectors are also made available (connectors are not included and can be found below in the related items). There is also a spot for the UP501 GPS module. The regular GPS pins (RX, TX, PPS, etc.) are also broken out to a 10-pin 0.1" pitch header, and a small protoyping area is also provided.
The DLINE/UART switch switches the GPS module’s input/output between Arduino’s standard TX/RX pins or any digital pins on the Arduino (default setting uses pins 3 and 2 connected to TX and RX, respectively). The DLINE/UART switch must be set to DLINE in order to upload code through the Arduino IDE.
The shield also includes the footprint for a 12mm coin cell battery holder to provide battery backup to the optional EB-85A GPS module.An ON/OFF switch is included which controls power to the GPS module. Additionally, the Arduino reset switch is also brought out.
- GPS Shield
- EM-506 GPS Module
- EM-506 Interface Cable
- Set of Stackable Headers
- EM-506 connector populated
- EM-408 and EB-85A connector footprints provided and connected for optional use
- UP501 connector and footprint
- Coin cell battery socket footprint provided and connected for optional battery backup of EB-85A GPS module
- Standard Arduino sized shield
- Prototyping area
- GPS serial and PPS signals broken out to a 0.1" header for additional device connections
- Arduino reset button
- DLINE/UART switch controls serial communications
- ON/OFF switch controls power to GPS module
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.