315MHz and 433MHz wireless connections are very commonly used by consumer electronics including weather stations, home automation remote controls, power consumption meters, car alarms, and also many DIY projects. The “Weather Station Receiver” project in the book “Practical Arduino” shows how to intercept the signals from a La Crosse weather station and decode them using an Arduino.
This pre-assembled shield implements the receiver circuit from the book, allowing you to get started quickly and start receiving data straight away.
It's also fully compatible with the "VirtualWire" library by Mike McAuley, allowing you to receive serial communications sent using a compatible transmitter.
- Fully pre-assembled except for headers.
- Includes stackable headers that you can solder in place.
- “RXB6” receiver module (either 315MHz or 433MHz, depending on model) with the data connection wired to Arduino pin 8 to allow signal timing analysis.
- Header pin for connecting antenna wire.
- Red and green debugging LEDs to display signal reception status.
- Red and green general-purpose surface-mount LEDs with current limiting resistors.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- Blue “power” LED to show when the Arduino is supplying power to the shield.
- Huge prototyping area where you can add your own parts.
- Clearly marked GND and 5V rails beside prototyping area.
- Clear overlay markings on both the top and the bottom! Makes it easy to solder connections on the bottom without having to keep turning it over to check the position of parts.
- Gold-plated surface: solders easily and very resistant to finger oil, etc.
- Power supply smoothing capacitors pre-fitted.
- RX433 (21)
- RX315 (92)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.